Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lime Crime Candy Eyed Shadow Primer

So about a week or so ago, I ordered this eyeshadow primer that I've been dying to try for ages!  It's just that I've been loyal to UD's Primer Potion for so many years that it was hard to stray...but gee, look at how CUTE this is:


I just couldn't resist.  The packaging is so unique and in the prettiest shade of blue ever!  Let me introduce you to Candy Eyed Eye Shadow Helper by Lime Crime.  Lime Crime is a really cool indie makeup brand run by the super-gorgeous and talented Doe Deere.  I've actually been following her since before she started her makeup collection, she used to be a fashion designer AND musician!

Anyways, Lime Crime Cosmetics made an excellent first impression.  To start, even the shipping packaging is adorable:

As you can see, I was so excited I forgot to photograph before busting the box open, hence the torn parts.

My little primer came prettily packaged in a purple and white box with a UNICORN on it!  I believe the unicorn is Lime Crime's official mascot.  I've loved unicorns since Legend and Lisa Frank back when I was a kid, so I was super stoked!


Candy Eyed was wrapped in purple tissue and came with some really nice, high-quality business cards and post cards.  Obviously, presentation is really important to the company, so let's see if the quality of product is just as important:


I must admit, when I first opened the jar, Candy Eyed looked like a dried up little cake.  However, upon touch, it just melted and had a soft, creamy texture that glided onto my lids very smoothly.  It definitely did the job.  My eyeshadow colors looked more bold and vibrant and lasted for 10+ hours on an unusually warm day with no creasing or fading.  I would say that it's a staunch contender against UD's Primer Potion, costs $2 less (hey, I'll save $$$$ where I can) and comes in the cutest little container I've ever seen!

Photo taken late last night after 10+ hours of wear with no touch-ups.


Additional Makeup Details:

Eyes: Coastal Scents 88 Original Matte Palette

Cheeks: ELF Studio Blush in Pink Passion

Lips: ELF Studio Glossy Gloss in Wild Watermelon


Alrighty then!  Hope y'all found this post helpful and have a great night!

Hugs,
Cat

4 comments:

  1. The packaging is SUPER adorable!! I definitely want to try it. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimberly! I confess, half of the reason why I bought it in the first place is because it's so darn CUTE! But really, it works great. I can't wait to try other products by Lime Crime. :) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's so cute!! makes me wanna get one haha..I'm LOVING your eye make up! I think you should make a tutorial on that look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Chiri. :D I'll try to work on that next!

    ReplyDelete