Monday, October 17, 2011

Ginkgo fruit smells like barf.

Hi guys!  I've spent the entire day studying for my midterm so, unfortunately, I have nothing fashion or makeup related at the moment to entertain you with.  :(  This is the best I can do:


Hubby and I have a female Ginkgo tree right next to our back door and dining nook window.  While it's beautiful indeed with it's fanned leaves that go from a soft green in summer to brilliant yellow in fall, it bears fruit that smells like vomit when it becomes ripe and begins to decay.  It looks sort of like this when it begins to get smelly:


And if you step on one of these by accident, it's all over.  You're going to be tracking a barfy smell all over until you lose your shoes.  I love our tree, but I hate the smell.  I lose my appetite when I step outside the back door, or walk to my car, or have the dining window open...  Eh, maybe that's a good thing.  Why diet when you have the smell of ginkgo fruit to keep your appetite in check?  Lol.

Anywho, I'm going to have to deal with this malodorous situation until sometime early next year.  It's not going to go away until all the fruit falls off and dies...which will be for a few months.  Yuck.

Well on that note, have a great night and wish me luck on the midterm!

Hugs,
Cat

2 comments:

  1. Good luck for your midterm!!! What are you studying in anyway? :)

    I've never seen that kind of tree before! The shape of the fruit is actually pretty cute! But I don't think I would be able to stand it going out everyday to that smell. I would probably try to take down all the fruits and throw them away. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer! I'm a graphic design major, but today's midterm is in my Advanced Survey of Art History course which is an upper division GE course that I have to fulfill. :P I just finished taking it and feel nauseous now because I had to write too much and think too hard, ugh. I think I did pretty well though. Now it's on to my next class! :) Stay tuned for a video tutorial and giveaway that i'll be posting tonight!

    ReplyDelete