Friday, November 11, 2011

Bronze with Teal Pop

Here's the second look I tried out with my Urban Decay 15th Anniversary palette:


I used mostly neutral, bronze-ish tones and added a pop of teal to the inner corners of my eyes.  These are the colors that I used to achieve the look:


I applied Chase as the base color, Deep End on my inner corners, M.I.A. on my outer corners, and Vanilla as a brow arch highlight.  I lined my eye with pencil liner and set and softened it with Blackout.  You know, I LOVE my cheap-o eyeshadow palettes, but seriously, when it comes to pigmentation and quality, very few brands compare to Urban Decay.  I barely have to touch my brush to the shadows to pick up enough color to complete my look.  The powders are incredibly fine, velvety to the point that they're nearly creamy with little to no fallout upon application.  Oh if I were rich...

I also tried out my Lip Junkie Lipgloss sample in Wallflower:


I lined my lips with Smashbox lipliner in Smashing Muse and smoothed Wallflower over it.  It's a really gorgeous, creamy, peachy-pink nude shade with plenty of shine without glitter or shimmer.  It has a minty fragrance and a pleasant, temporary, tingly sensation upon application.  It's supposed to make your lips appear fuller, although it was hard for me to tell because my lips are already naturally full.  It's pretty long-lasting, going strong for about 6-7 hours.  The formula is excellent: silky, moisturizing, not overly sticky.  Best of all, it didn't leave a nasty, white residue at the corners of my mouth. (I don't know if that happens to anyone else, but 80% of lip colors tend to do that to me after about 3+ hours of wear)  It may seriously be worth the $19 that it's listed for on Urban Decay's website.  Amazing!  I can't believe I'm considering buying a gloss for that much!


:: Eyes ::

UD Primer Potion in Eden
UD 15th Anniversary Palette
HIP Color Chrome Eyeliner Pencil in Black Shock
Maybelline Full N Soft Mascara in Black

:: Cheeks ::

ELF Studio Blush in Twinkle Pink

:: Lips ::

Smashbox Lip Pencil in Smashing Muse
UD Lip Junkie Gloss in Wallflower

Hope you all found this post helpful.  Let me know if you'd like a tutorial. :)  Happy Friday and goodnight!

Hugs,
Cat

2 comments: