Friday, March 16, 2012

Pale Turquoise Waterline

I've been a little obsessed with pastel, cool colors lately...particularly blues.  Pale turquoise is one of my favorites, but I don't use it often because I don't want to play it out.  It's been raining here in the SF Bay Area for a week now...and I decided, what the heck, I need a little color to brighten up these dreary days.  Here's the look:


My inspiration came from the lovely Meredith of Pigments and Palettes:



To create my interpretation, I used my Coastal Scents 88 Original palette.  To start, I apply a shade of pale turquoise halfway across my primed upper eyelid:




Next, I'm going to apply a dark brown shade to the outer corner of my upper eyelid:


Then I'm going to soften the outer crease color with a medium brown shade:


With a soft, white eyeliner pencil, I'm going to line my lower lash line, being sure to line my waterline as well:


Using the same, pale turquoise shade, I'm going to layer over the white liner:


Now I'm going to take my Urban Decay Eyeshadow Pencil in Rehab, and trace outside of my now-turquoise liner:


Then I'm going to layer the medium-brown shadow over the eyeshadow pencil:


To brighten the look and add a little shimmer, I'm going to use my UD Eyeshadow Pencil in Sin and blend along the outer edge of the darker liner:


For added depth, I'm going to apply a little matte black shadow to the outer corners of my top and bottom eyelids:


Now I'm just going to use some black gel/cream eyeliner to sweep a winged line along my upper lash line:


Apply mascara and some false lashes and I'm finished!



Overall look:

Cheeks: ELF Studio Blush in Pink Passion.  Lips: ELF Studio Glossy Gloss in Wild Watermelon.

Not only does the pale turquoise add a pleasant pop of color, it brightens and widens my small, almond-shaped eyes as well.  LOVE!  I can see myself doing this often. :D

Hope you all enjoyed and have a great night!

Hugs,
Cat

15 comments:

  1. Lovely! It really does enhance the shape of your eyes and the blunt transition between the blue and brown works great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow you from Italy! I like your photo-tutorial and your makeup! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Serena! I'm so happy you enjoy my blog! :D

      Delete
  3. It looks FAB on you! My eyes are almond-shaped too, and green, but I could still see myself using your look as an example :-) You do a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Malin! I'm sure this look would rock with your green eyes! :D

      Delete
  4. This is a beautiful recreation, I'm very flattered. I love how you adapted it to make it work for your eyes too. I shared it on my Facebook page, hope that's okay!

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=344241875627903&set=a.317121945006563.91331.217559484962810&type=3&theater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meredith! Of course it's ok...it's better than ok! I'm flattered to be featured on your FB page. Thanks so much for visiting my li'l blog! xoxo

      Delete
  5. This look is so pretty on you! I've been cautious to try colorful eye looks like this..but maybe I'll step out of my comfort zone. :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Kirsten! I'm sure you could totally rock this look! :D If you actually go back to my older posts, I wasn't very adventurous with color myself, but once I worked up the courage to give it a go, I've been addicted ever since, lol.

      Delete
  6. i love it :D so prettyy :D i wish i could do that toooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! I'll be you can! :D

      Delete
    2. I guess I could.. but i dont have alot of make up ;o

      Delete
  7. this is such a pretty look, cat! i love turquoise, and pastels :)

    ReplyDelete