Friday, March 9, 2012

February MyGlam Review Part 2

So I finally got around to trying the masks.  The first one I tested out was the Freeman brand Goji Berry Facial Hydration Mask:


It's a thick, translucent-white, fruity-smelling mask...reminds me a little bit of hair gel in texture, that I thickly applied to my face and allowed to settle for about 10 minutes.  The instructions say to avoid the eye area, so I left a big empty ring around each of my eyes.  Regardless, it seems that the vapors were rather potent and I was teary-eyed for the first 3-4 minutes.  Ouch!  It's meant to "soothe skin" but it certainly doesn't do the same for the eyes.  I'd say your best bet is to have your eyes closed the entire time and let someone else apply it on your face if you've got really sensitive eyes.  After rinsing off, my skin felt soft and cleansed, but it pretty much feels that way after every mask I use, so I'm not sure if it's just an initial sensation after usage or if it makes a difference over a long period of time.  In any case, I'm not sure if I'll be trying this again.

The second mask I tried was from the Dead Sea Premier brand, called Instant Stretching and Revitalizing Mask:


There was a small amount in the little packet, abut 2-3 teaspoons and it was a thick, opaque, sandy-colored paste.  I wasn't prepared to be impressed, but I really loved the scent!  Ladies, there is a discernible difference the fragrances used by drugstore skincare brands versus department store skincare brands.  I mean, I love my Olay, but when I can afford it, I absolutely adore Lancome skincare products. There's a certain texture and scent that department store beauty brands use that are a world of a difference from the common drugstore types.  Maybe it's all in my head, but I felt that the Dead Sea Premier mask had that quality.

I applied the creamy mask and let it sit for about 10 minutes.  No stinging eyes, yay!  After rinsing off with warm water, my skin felt so soft, smooth, and supple and smelled fantastic!  I couldn't stop touching my face!  I didn't even have to apply my usual nighttime moisturizer!  I really felt like it made a difference in the quality of my skin.  I couldn't believe it!  Me, a self-prolaimed mask-disliker, was getting excited to purchase a full-sized jar of this mask!



And then I saw the $150 price tag.  Yikes!  No can do!  Apparently, it's nicknamed the "Cinderella Mask" for it's ability to rejuvenate skin and to ward off aging.  Just out of curiosity, I googled reviews of this mask just to see if it's worth the price and came across this on Amazon:


$17.99 for a $150.00 product?  SAY WHAAAAAT?!  I was so stoked.  I bought it in two clicks!  Gotta love Amazon.  I'm so excited for my mask to come in so I can use it again!  Lol.

So would I say this product is worth buying?  Not for $150, but totally worth the $17.99 I paid (plus $5 shipping)  Ironically, this was my favorite thing from the February GlamBag.  Go figure!

4 comments:

  1. Oh God, if it's that price and works so well, I'd buy two pots already lol

    Glad to hear something that looked a little disappointing in the beginning turned out to be the star of the bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! I was so tempted. I guess we'll see how things turn out with regular use. That'd be awesome if it keeps me looking like this in my 50's. I'd buy them by the case! But yeah, turns out I'm happier with my Feb GlamBag than I had first anticipated. I also received notification today that my March bag is on its way. Can't wait to see what's in it! :D

      Delete
  2. Hi! I happened to find your blog after looking for the Premier Instant Stretching & Revitalizing Mask. I'm so glad I found you.. I was definitely not going to pay $150 for this product but was skeptical on the cheap prices at Amazon.

    They did raise the price to $18.49 though but with shipping it's still under $25, 6x cheaper than what the official site is asking for!

    I can't wait to get it.. I definitely saw a difference in my face which is prone to acne. My sister even told me I had glowing skin!

    Thanks for the info! `=D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vee! So happy that my post was useful for you. FYI, I tried it last night and it's the same product, so no worries on it being a fake or counterfeit. Don't you just LOVE great deals?! :D

      Delete