Tuesday, March 13, 2012

March MyGlam Review Part 1

Good evening!  I got a chance to try a few products from my March MyGlam bag last night so I thought I'd share some of my thoughts on them.

1. Perfect Cleansing Foam by 3LAB


This cleanser is a thick, creamy formula in a pale orange shade with a smattering of micro beads for exfoliation.  There's a faint, but not unpleasant, citrus scent and you don't need much to get a nice, thick lather, about half a dime-sized drop.  The sample is really generous, almost full-sized.  It's going to last me at least a month, I bet.  Personally, I really like it.  It has a clean, but very moisturizing quality to it.  I don't feel like my skin is being stripped dry after cleansing.  This is probably my favorite product of the bunch.

2. Pur-Protect Essential Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 by Pur-Lisse


I personally like high SPF moisturizers because I feel like my skin is getting the best protection from sun damage and UV rays.  As long as it doesn't make me break out, I'm pretty ok with any brand.  Pur-Protect has a slight sunscreen scent, which may be a turn-off to some, but it's to be expected with its high level of protection.  I do feel that it doesn't absorb as quickly or thoroughly as my Olay Complete SPF 30 Defense, so while I don't dislike it, I think I'll just stick to my go-to daily moisturizer.

3.  Color Enhancing Leave-In Treatment by KeraColor


Meh.  I felt that the dual dispensing process was a little bit of a hassle and, unlike my It's A 10, this leave-in product doesn't detangle very well.  My hair doesn't feel as soft and my ends are a little dry, compared to when I use my usual leave-in conditioner.  This one is a miss for me.

4.  Eye Lift Perfector by Murad


This is supposedly a concealer as well as an under eye dark circle and puffiness reducer.  The texture is very similar to tinted moisturizer/bb cream.  I'll show you my step-by-step application process.  Let's see if there's really any difference.

Before

During Application

After

Honestly, I didn't see much of a difference except for my under-eye area seemed to be a little more shiny/shimmery.  Maybe there are light-reflecting agents in the product to create the illusion of reduced dark circles and puffiness?  What really made a difference, I thought, was after I applied pressed powder, check it out:


This trio of images shows, from top to bottom, the progression from before application, after application, and after application of pressed powder on top of product.  What really gives the illusion of perfect skin, here, is the matte, even finish of powder.  Honestly, I think I can get away with bright, wide-awake eyes using a little tinted moisturizer topped with any foundation powder of my choice.  This product just seems like an extra, unnecessary step for me.

Thanks for following along and stay tuned for Part 2.  Sweet dreams!

Hugs,
Cat


3 comments:

  1. Yay! I love your reviews. Been really helping me out since I've been getting the glam bags too! And I haven't been too impressed.. haha :< But that pressed powder did make quite a difference! I think I'll try the sample tomorrow. Anything dark circle geared gets me interested because I have horrible ones. I'll let you know how it works on me! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or noo.. wait. the weekend! It's at home. XD

      Delete
    2. Yes, please let me know! I tried using it a different way this morning, over my tinted moisturizer as opposed to under it, and I found that it was a little more effective this way. :)

      Delete