Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Urban Decay Mini Haul!

Thanks to a tip from one of you girls, I recently shopped Urban Decay's sale section (even though I shouldn't be) and purchased a few noteworthy goodies.  Y'all know I can't resist a good sale.  It's my kryptonite.  My shipment came in yesterday.  Check it out!


1. Urban Lash Kit
2. 24/7 Shadow Pencil Stash
3. Ink For Eyes in Binge and Empire
4. Matte Shadow in Chronic


Delinquent, Rehab, Juju, Sin, and Clash.

These swatches and lighting really don't do these shadow pencils justice!  The color glides on effortlessly and is so vibrant that they nearly jump out at you.  I thought my Color Tattoo cream shadows were awesome until I fell in love with these guys.  You get the convenience of cream color with the precision of a pencil.  These are THE BEST!  Now on sale at Urban Decay from $34 to only $12!


Binge and Empire

These cream eyeliners aren't bad.  I love the deep, indigo blue of Binge and the elegant, aubergine hue of Empire.  They can stand to be slightly more opaque (I had to build a few layers for optimal opacity) and can be a little bit softer.  The angled brushes that they came with were high-quality, however were too soft, in my opinion.  I would recommend using a stiffer eyeliner brush, such as the Sonia Kashuk bent eyeliner brush.  I'm glad I paid $7 for these instead of $22!


Chronic

This little guy was on sale for $3.  How could I resist?  Chronic is a soft, earthy shade of green tea that I think is perfect for the transition from winter to spring.  It's applies smooth as silk with pigmentation that packs a punch, a consistent quality of all UD shadows.

I couldn't wait to play with my new makeup!  This is the look I created today using Clash, Rehab, and Binge:





I've been wearing this shadow for 8 hours now with no creasing or fading.  Yay!

I look forward to creating some cool looks and tutorials with these guys. :D  Oh, and of course UD decides to have a sale AFTER I make all my purchases.  I'm out of juice so I won't be shopping anytime soon, but you all can definitely take advantage.  Just enter code: FFSPRING12 for 20% off your next order.  Orders over $50 ship free!  Happy shopping!

Hugs,
Cat



4 comments:

  1. Haha, when I saw Clash I knew you'd incorporate it in your look! Really pretty on you! Too bad I don't live in the US so I can't take advantage of the F&F gah! But those of you can should DEFINITELY raid their stock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me so well! Yeah, they're sooooooo worth it! I'm almost tempted to purchase a second set as a backup!

      Delete
  2. I love the big pencils! Sadly, the ones that I tried always crease, so I don't like spending money on them. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had a problem with these so far! :D

      Delete