Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Odile

I love Swan Lake.  The ballet is stunning and the music, breathtaking.  Funny, I've always been more fascinated with Odile than any of the other key players in the story.  I don't know if the characters were ever quite clearly defined, I feel that there are aspects of Swan Lake that are left to the interpretation of the audience.

In my mind's eye, Odile is enigmatic and seductive, her persona laden with dark mystery and yet a hint of melancholy.  I feel that she has a compelling story of her own.  I like to think that her character is often misunderstood in the ballet.  So, here is my little creative project that I did over the weekend, my homage to Odile.  I would never flatter myself to compare myself with her, this is simply my tribute to her:






I used Urban Decay's Urban Lash Kit to adorn my eyes.  Since the lashes themselves are somewhat feathery in design, I felt that they worked very well with the swan theme.  As for the lipstick, I finally had a valid excuse to break out Lime Crime's Styletto!  It was the perfect touch to capture the essence of Odile!  Last, but not least, the gorgeous laser-cut mask.  When my husband and I married, our wedding was a masquerade ball theme.  I ordered several masks from a company called Bluemoon, based out of Venice.  Prices were reasonable, service was quick and friendly, and quality was superb.  The model I'm wearing here is called the Queen Strass.

Hope you all liked it!  This was a really fun project, I'd been thinking about doing this forever and finally had the time to pull it together now that I'm on spring break.  I'm especially grateful to my husband and his incredible photography skills.  We ended up being pressed for time because of unforeseen events and he still managed to get some really good shots.  Bravo, honey! :D

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Hugs,
Cat

11 comments:

  1. AMAZING! I absolutely loooove that mask!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it wonderful? The mask really made the shoot, everything else is accessory. :D

      Delete
  2. Wow, you just took my breath away. You're so beautiful and your makeup is very soulful. I love it! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I'm really glad I was able to capture the mood that I had intended. :)

      Delete
  3. Holy moly, this is absolutely stunning! I'm taking a look at Bluemoon's website and i'm absolutely blown away. So much beauty! Then again, I know Carnivale is incredibly huge in parts of Italy, so it's no surprise that they go all out :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bluemoon is amazing! I also have the Catwoman, Smoking, and an incredible white one with a swan on the side...I don't think they sell it anymore, but maybe I'll do an "Odette" so that I can show it to everyone. :D

      Delete
    2. yay! looking forward to it :D

      Delete
  4. Thanks for reading Mnika! Hope to see you around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. omygod, this is so beautiful! :D What a freaking awesome mask!

    ReplyDelete