Thursday, March 15, 2012

UD Chronic for St. Patty's Day

Tutorial time!  When was the last time I had one of these?  Sorry!  Midterms were last week and I can't believe I'm studying for finals this week!  Anyways, remember when I received my Urban Decay mini haul a few weeks ago?  Well, I never got a chance to use my matte eyeshadow in Chronic, which I got on sale for $3.  Here was my chance to test it out AND do a tutorial.  This is what I did with it:


I thought it would perfect for this upcoming St. Patrick's Day!  Chronic is a more earthy, green tea shade.  Being matte, it's a little less flashy for those of us who want a more subdued St. Patty's look as opposed to mimicking a glittery leprechaun (which I think would be rather fun too...maybe another day).  Anywho, to start, I apply some Chronic halfway across my primed upper eyelid:




Next, I take a dark brown shade, here I'm using UD's Darkhorse, and apply it to the outer corner of my upper eyelid:


Then, to soften the outer corner, I blend a shimmery taupe shade along the edges.  Here I'm using UD's Suspect:


With my UD Eyeshadow Pencil in Rehab, I'm going to trace along my bottom lash line:


Then I'm going to layer Darkhorse over Rehab:


To lighten up the look, I'm going to softly blend some Suspect right along the edge of my liner:


With black gel eyeliner, I'm going to trace a winged line along my upper lash line:


Curl lashes, apply mascara, and I'm all set!


Overall look:

Cheeks: ELF Studio Blush in Twinkle Pink.  Lips: UD Lip Junkie in Crush

Hope y'all enjoyed the tutorial and don't forget to get your green on this Saturday!

Hugs,
Cat


5 comments:

  1. It looks great! :D I'm already studying for my finals too! I think I have 4 or 5 weeks left to go. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! Wow, you're really on top of things, studying weeks ahead. :) I'm sure you'll ace all your exams!

      Delete