Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Gilded Clash

My posts, about 80% of the time, are pre-planned to some extent or another.  But sometimes, I just do something on the fly and turn it into a review or tutorial.  This is one of those days.  I went into today's tutorial not really knowing what I was going to come up with in the end.  This was the result:


If you'd like to follow along, I'll show you how I did this.  Using my UD Rollergirl Palette, I began by applying Verve to the inner half of my upper primed eyelid:


Next, I applied Darkhorse to the lower outer corner of my upper eyelid:


Then I blended out the outer corner edges with Suspect:


From my UD 24/7 Shadow Pencil Stash, I'm going to grab Clash (an amazing electric-blue with a touch of shimmer) and line my lower lash line:


Then, using my Rehab shadow pencil, I'm going to accent the outer corner of my lower lash line, just outside of Clash:


Next, with black gel/cream eyeliner, I draw a winged line along my upper lash line:


Now I'm going to clean the black gel/cream off my eyeliner brush and I'm actually going to pick up a little Clash right off the pencil, and extend my lower lash liner against my winged line for added drama:


To increase the depth of the look, I'm going to apply some matte black shadow to the outer corners of my eye:


I'm going to finish the look by accenting my winged line with Sephora gold glitter eyeliner:


Curl lashes, apply mascara, and I'm all set!


Overall look:


I actually wear this look often (minus the glitter).  I enjoy the juxtaposition between neutrals and a pop of color, jazzed up with some sparkle.  Hope you all had fun following my little off-the-cuff experiment!

Happy Tuesday and good night!

Hugs,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment