Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mermaid Lagoon

One of my favorite films is Disney's Peter Pan.  Well, pretty much every Disney film is one of my favorite films.  Anywho, I always thought the part where Peter and Wendy visited Mermaid Lagoon was super-cool. (except for the part where they started assaulting Wendy)  I LOVE mermaids.  They're so pretty.  So I decided to do an exotic, cool-toned look with mermaids for inspiration with the help of Sugarpill and Lime Crime. :D





I'm going to start by priming my eyelids with Lime Crime Candy Eyed primer:


Next, I'm going to whip out my Sugarpill Sweetheart palette and play with some colors.  Today, I'm using Midori, a ultra-gorg cool, bright green with slight shimmer and Afterparty an intensely bold, turquoise blue.


You know, I never got a chance to talk about how much I adore this palette.  It's like, Barbie-meets-Comic Book!  The colors are incredibly pigmented and vibrant.  You get the impact of loose pigments with the convenience of a pressed shadow.  I can't wait to get the Burning Heart palette once that comes back in stock!

Ok, I'm going to apply Midori to my upper eyelids:


Then I'm going to apply Afterparty to my bottom eyelids:


Next, I'm going to smudge along the edges of color for a soft, blended look:


Using black pencil eyeliner, I'm going to thinly line my bottom lash line:


Then I'm going to layer some matte black shadow over the pencil liner:


I know it looks like it didn't make much of a difference as far as looks, but the shadow helps the liner stay put with minimal smudging and smearing.

With my new favorite eyeliner, LA Splash Glitter Liquid Eyeliner in Onyx, I'm going to draw a winged line along my upper lash line as well as tracing a little along my bottom lash line:


Finally, after curling my eyelashes and applying mascara, I'm going to add some Daiso eyelashes:

 
OMG!  I blinked during application and got black eyelash glue everywhere!  I must have screamed at this point because I felt like I ruined the entire look.  Waaaaaaaaaah!  However, after several minutes of carefully peeling off the eyelash glue and re-applying eyeshadow and liner, my eyes ended up looking like this:


As long as you don't look too closely, you can hardly see my mistake.  Whew! :D  You can't have exotic eyes without having exotic lips too!  To complete the look, lacquered my lips with Lime Crime Lipstick in Airborne Unicorn:

My Cheeks are Studio Blush in Fuchsia Fusion by ELF.
Wish I were wearing seashells and a fishtail in the Caribbean instead of a sweater in cold weather...sigh.

Hope you all enjoyed the post, it was a fun look to do.  I love playing with new colors! :D

Hugs,
Cat

4 comments: