Sunday, August 14, 2011

Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner in Diamond Turquoise Blue 5

When I first swatched this on the back of my hand at our local Sephora, the color just took my breath away.  It was the most vibrant, shimmery shade of turquoise blue I had ever seen in a cosmetic product!  Even my husband, who is relatively unaffected by makeup, said that the color was "cool", which says a lot.    Of course, I wasn't there to buy, just to browse.  Besides, for $23 a pop, it was waaaaaaaaaaaay over my budget for eyeliner.  BUT, after about a week of not being able to get it out of my head, I caved and bought one.  Well, my husband, who loves me too much, bought it for me.  It was also our anniversary week, so he felt it was somewhat justified.  I heart. :)  He also took these photos of me wearing it:




I love love love it!  The color, is absolutely magnificent.  It's just so darn pretty, I don't know what else to say.  The blue is crazy-pigmented, applies very evenly, and lasts so well that I can't remove it completely at the end of the day with my waterproof eye makeup remover.  Again, as with most liquid eyeliners, I really like how the handle is nice and long for precision application.  The only, only thing I would change is that I would made it a fine brush instead of a felt tip.  Brushes are more flexible, which increases precision, in my opinion.


To get this look I used the same technique as I did with my Woodstock Wings tutorial.  I start out with a primed eye, dusted with a coat of my pressed powder for a smooth, matte look.



Then, using black gel eyeliner, I trace a line on my upper eyelid, extending an exaggerated tail on the outer corner.

Don't worry if it's messy, we'll clean it up later.

I also traced my bottom lid line with black eyeliner pencil.


As always, I layer a little black eyeshadow over the bottom eyeliner to set it and to smoke it a bit.


Using the Aqua Liner, I draw an arc from the inner corner of my upper eyelid to the tip of the extended wing and then fill it in with color.


Using more black eyeliner (your choice of pencil, gel, or liquid) I smooth out the lines to make the entire look a bit cleaner.


Curl lashes and add mascara and I'm done.


Overall look:

Bowrific Necklace by Lovelina

No comments:

Post a Comment