Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Chrissy Teigen Inspired Makeup

Ok, so we can't all be born looking incomparably gorgeous like Chrissy Teigen or live her incredibly charmed life - Hello! Making $$$$ off of your good looks and being married to John Legend, to boot! However, I CAN steal her makeup. That's the best li'l ol' me can do. Anyhoo, I suddenly felt the urge to recreate a celebrity look the other night and Chrissy came to mind. Being half Thai, she and I sort of share a southeast Asian background. Also, our coloring and facial structures are similar enough that I figured I could make something work. I came across a fabulous red carpet image of her while browsing Google and knew it was the one. I just adore this glowing, golden look with a warm, smokey eye. How do you think I did?


Haha, I don't think I'm any closer to looking like her, but I do think that this color scheme is pretty flattering on my complexion. I'm a little yellower than Chrissy and wasn't as heavy-handed on the blush as her makeup artist. Overall, I like the way it turned out. Here is a close up of the eyes, created with the original UD Naked palette.



I went a little heavier on the highlight and contour than with my normal makeup. I definitely don't see myself going out every day like this, but heavier makeup does look wonderful in photos. I think I'll reserve this look for special occasions.


Isn't it amazing what good lighting and makeup can do? I did not use ANY filters for these images. Anyhoo, thanks for reading and hope you guys enjoyed this post. Happy hump day, until next time! :)

Hugs,
Cat

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll put it on the to-do list. :)

      Delete
  2. Yes! Tutorial please! And if you do, don't make it fast foward, I love to see all the steps in real time. I'm such a noob and I like it when I can see the whole application!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably have to break the tutorial into sections just so they don't run too long. (for some reason, people tend to not have the attention span for videos over 3 minutes) I'll try to get one up during my spring break! :)

      Delete