Friday, February 7, 2014

Maybelline Vivids Lipstick Swatches

I have countless lipsticks…I don't think I'll ever be able to use them all up in this lifetime. Unfortunately, I'm generally constrained to wearing one lip color a day. Though this changes up every day, I feel like all of my unused lip colors are being neglected…especially the less-than-practical ones. Thus, recently, I discovered that I good way for me to go through more of my lipsticks than usual is to make swatch diagrams of them on my lips. I get to kill 3 birds with one stone:
  1. play with lip colors that I rarely use
  2. exercise my graphic design/layout skills in Adobe InDesign
  3. present swatches on lips instead of streaking them on my arm, giving everyone a better idea of how the color would actually appear when worn. This is especially important because the pigmentation on your lips appears much differently than on your forearm.
I was happy to do my NYX Xtreme Lip Cream collection the other day, so today, I wanted to share my Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids lipsticks:


I was originally tempted to purchase these because I heard that they were very similar in color and quality to Urban Decay's Revolution lipsticks…except at a fraction of the price. I was *this* close to picking up a tube of Anarchy when I decided to search online for dupes. I ended up running to the drugstore for Fuchsia Flash instead and liked it so much that I subsequently added Hot Plum and On Fire Red to my collection as well.

I adore all three colors, however, the most complimentary to my skin tone would most likely be Hot Plum, the purple tint balances out my yellow undertones.

The formula is light, smooth, and plush while pigmentation is very saturated. I get fantastic color payoff from a single pass. Opacity isn't quite as intense as NXY Xtreme Lip Creams, but, then again, the formula isn't anywhere near as thick or sticky, if not at all. The fragrance on these is much more pleasant, as well, faintly like sugary frosting with a slight perfume-y taste.

I get about 4 hours of wear, 5-6 if I'm more careful about eating and drinking. They're pigmented enough to leave a stain behind after product wears off so, if you don't feel like reapplying, just smooth balm or clear gloss over for a pretty, effortless pout.

TGIF everyone! Thanks for reading and enjoy the weekend! <3

Hugs,
Cat

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Maybelline Vivids! My favorite is Vivid Rose! :D

    ReplyDelete