Anyhoo, I saw a bunch of their matte lipsticks on sale at my local grocery store the other day and thought it would be fun to just give it a try. What'd I have to lose? They were marked down to $1 from $1.50. I picked a bright, red-orange shade called Tangerine Tango.
I was completely floored by the quality of this lipstick! The color is richly pigmented and opaque, the finish is a creamy matte, the scent is reminiscent of M&M's, and it still looked great on my lips when I removed it 7 hours later, with just some slight fading and feathering (my bad, I didn't use any lip liner). I never had to touch up and I didn't find that it was overly drying for a matte formula. For just $1 apiece, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go back and purchase them in every color available.
A little bit of overkill with the electric, metallic blue eyeliner. Lol. Orange and blue were my high school colors, coincidentally.
I used the Naked palette for this look and accented with NYX Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Blue, another cheapy-but-goody product that I love!
Full face product list:
- UD Naked Skin liquid foundation - 5.0
- ELF Clarifying pressed powder - Honey
- Etude House Drawing Eyebrow pencil - gray/brown
- UDPP - Eden
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil - Milk
- UD Naked palette
- NYX Studio Liquid Liner - Extreme Blue
- Sugarpill eyeshadow - Velocity (lower lash line)
- ELF liquid eyeliner - black
- Maybelline Full N Soft Waterproof mascara
- Ardell #403 eyelashes
- ELF Studio blush - Twinkle Pink
- Jordana Matte lipstick - Tangerine Tango
Hope everyone's having a fantastic Saturday! It's sunny and warm out right now, but I'm stuck inside all weekend working hard on my grad project. XD