Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Things To Come

Hi everyone!  I'm sure you've all probably figured out that my finals week is coming up, hence the disappearing act.  Thanks for continuing to stay tuned despite my frequent absences. :)  Just thought I'd give you all a sneak peek of some cool new cosmetics that I'm expecting:


Bobbi Brown Uber Nude Lip & Eye Palette.  I'm really excited to receive this!  Since we're deep into fall and approaching winter, I've been obsessed with the nude/neutral look.  I love how essential these colors are and how portable the palette is!  You get a really great neutral trio that can take your look from natural to smokey/dramatic in a snap, and then two nude lippies, one creamy, one shimmery, with a nude gloss to add extra dimension.  I've heard great things about this palette and if all the hype is true, this would be the only palette a girl would ever need for a classic, timeless look.


bareMinerals SPF 15 Matte Foundation.  The weather is changing, therefore my skin is changing.  My favorite BB cream is just not doing it for me these days.  A little while ago, I purchased a bareMinerals sampler from Ulta and got a chance to test out the product.


Sorry I never did a review!  I kind of forgot about it...lol. :P  I didn't really use any of the brushes, barely touched the concealer (I prefer cream concealer), the Mineral Veil didn't do anything for me, and the original formula had too many light reflecting particles, making my skin look oily.  However, I did like the matte formula, so I decided to get the full-sized jar.  Still, because of the severe dryness of my complexion due to cold weather, my foundation routine has become ridiculously convoluted.  I won't get into THAT just yet, but will do so once I get the product in so we can talk about it.

And finally...this is kind of crazy, but here is my final and ridiculously pricey gamble:


One of my friends swears by the Temptu Airbrush Makeup System which piqued my interest, so my sisters and I chipped in and bought the cheaper kit (which didn't include any blush or highlighter).  I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of results I get from using it, since airbrush makeup is highly touted as one of the most effective ways to achieve a flawless face.  Excited!

Looking forward to sharing my findings with you guys!  Wish me luck on my final projects!  I can't wait till this term is over so I can spend my break tuning back in to fashion and makeup!

Hugs,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment