Friday, November 30, 2012

Bobbi Brown and bareMinerals

Hello!  Happy Friday indeed!  I received my goodies from Sephora today and took them for a test run.  Check out my look:

Taken in natural window lighting.

I was able to create a very soft, natural look that I'm so in love with right now!  Great for daytime, but I'm sure it's easy to amp up for the evening.



I'm pretty happy with my bareMinerals.  The shade suits me fairly perfectly and I love the matte finish.  I read up a little more on the Mineral Veil...found out that it's supposed to give you a soft-focus finish and keep your look from getting greasy.  So I layered it over my foundation and I'm  happy with the results.  My skin is still pretty dry, but I'm exfoliating both in the morning and evening now and finish my makeup with spritz of aloe cucumber hydrating spray.  It seems to be doing the trick.



This little palette is just so gorgeous!  I love how the shadow colors are a true matte.  They apply very soft, velvety, and are finely milled, yet I experienced little to no fallout.  They're also nicely pigmented.  The espresso shade is nearly black and the taupe is so versatile.  The lightest shade acts as a very subtle highlighter.

All Uber Nude except for the shimmer in the inner corner of my eye.

I haven't tried the glittery shade of lipstick yet, but I really love the creamy nude shade.  I also dabbed the sparkle gloss in the center of my bottom lip and cupid's bow for extra fullness and dimension.

Sorry the color looks so orange-y.  Bad bathroom lighting.

I really love my new additions.  I'm attending a party tomorrow night, so I can't wait to show you guys a more dramatic look using the same products.  Hope everyone's all revved up for the start of their weekend! (it's raining here, but I'm still happy it's the weekend) Lol.

Hugs,
Cat

2 comments:

  1. Love the final look :) Seems like a nice well rounded palette.

    ReplyDelete