Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Meg by Zoya

Hey all!  Here's the final color from the Beach & Surf trio that I purchased from Zoya.  Meg is described as: "light-yellow toned mermaid green with heavy gold and silver metallic shimmer and sparkling foil finish".


This is what it looks like with just one coat (with a base coat and topped with Seche Vite).  It applied very fluidly and evenly, I guess the shimmer makes it a very forgiving color because it easily hides any flaws.  As for the color itself, I'm not sure how I feel about it exactly.  When I asked my husband what he thought, he took one glance and said: "Shiny."  Upon heavier contemplation, I've decided that Meg looks like I melted a metallic tennis ball on my fingertips, lol.  What do you guys think?  Love it or leave it?

Hugs,
Cat

15 comments:

  1. you always have great colors, jealous!

    xxS

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's different. I would definitely buy it, but maybe never wear it because I wouldn't know what to wear it with :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, looks like a great way to color up a white dress and gold sandals combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg! Thanks for the suggestion! I'm totally going to do that now, seriously. I just bought a white beach dress with gold sequins on it AND got some gold heels. Awesome!

      Delete
  4. I was going to buy this color, but ended up not getting it and got Tracie instead. It's very pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaaahhhh! I was just saying how I wish I would have gotten Tracie instead! Maybe I'll just add it to my collection...hehe.

      Delete
  5. Hi! I found your blog on accident through Jenny's facebook. Beauty junkies unite! Anyways, the polish is a bit too frosty for my taste. It's not something I would wear on its own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you and so glad you found me! We kind of look alike in our avatar photos, lol. :D But, yes, I'm generally not a big fan of frosty polishes or lippies. I'm trying to find very specific circumstances where this would work, haha!

      Delete
  6. I absolutely adore your blog. The makeup is wonderful and I'll really love to try that out!

    Following u now via bloglovin'. Follow me back if you like! ♥
    Say meow to me on:
    Miss Kwong: From Catwalk to Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found my blog! Looking forward to checking yours out! :D

      Delete