Saturday, April 9, 2011

Beauty Tutorial: Green-Eyed Monster

Hello hello!  I should have soooooooooo done this for St. Patty's Day, but oh well.  Better late than never!  So here's another color I NEVER use: bright green.  I thought it would be fun to do something a little different, to stray away from the comfortable.  As always, I'm going to start with a primed eye and see what I end up with!



From my ELF palette, I'm going to choose 3 shades of green, varying from dark, medium, and light.  The dark green is a bold, cheesy, plastic grass green.  The medium is a bright lime shade and the light is a pale, shimmery yellow-green.

Please pardon the poopy lighting, it's so yellow in my bathroom!

Using a large, flat shadow brush, I'm going to apply the darkest green to my lid up to the brow bone.  Then I'm going to blend the medium green shade along the edges of the dark color to soften the edges using a smaller shadow brush. To highlight, I'm going to apply the palest green shadow under my brow arch.


Once I've completed these three steps, I'm going to take some black pencil eyeliner and apply it to my top and bottom lid lines.


Then, using a small smudge brush, I'm going to layer black over the eyeliner, smudging and blending as I do so to create a smokey look.  Just to add an extra pop of color, I'm going to blend a little of the darkest green shade along my bottom lid line along the edge of the black shadow.


Up to this point, the result looks something like this:



Now that's a great green gradient, don't you agree?  For some extra drama, I'm going to add some liquid eyeliner to the top and bottom lid lines.


Curl lashes, apply mascara, and I'm done!


To complete my look for the day, I did a basic face with bubblegum-pink glossy lips and curled my hair. Warning!  This look is BOLD!  However bright you think this green looks here, it's about 5X more intense in real life.  Good thing I'm staying indoors tonight.  Not sure if I can pull this off in public, but hey, it was fun! :)


Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment