Sunday, December 29, 2013

Maybelline Color Elixir

So Maybelline (somewhat) recently released a collection of hybrid lipstick/balm/glosses called Color Elixir. They're supposed to be saturated as lipsticks, hydrating as balms, and shiny like glosses. They come in cute little tubes that resemble lipsticks and are available in a variety of colors. Fairly reasonably priced at about $7-$8 apiece, I decided on three…a bare, a blush, and a bright:

From left to right: Caramel Infused, Blush Essence, and Fuchsia Flourish

Caramel Infused is a warm, pinky-nude with a hint of shimmer. Blush Essence is a cool, shimmery mauve-pink. Fuchsia Flourish is a creamy, bright fuchsia with no shimmer.


I found that Caramel Infused was the perfect, glossy nude lip for my southeast Asian skin tone.



Blush Essence was on the slightly cooler side for my yellow undertones, but gave me a light, Barbie-pink tint without looking outrageous.



Finally, Fuchsia Flourish was a fantastic pop of glossy color that flatters my complexion while being very wearable. Bonus points for getting me compliments at a holiday party I attended!



These are probably my favorite lip colors at the moment. Though not *quite* as saturated as advertised, the colors I purchased were translucent-toward-opaque, especially the Caramel and Fuchsia. They have a wonderful milk chocolate scent and glide on luxuriously with a plush texture that is lightweight and not at all sticky. My lips definitely feel well-moisturized. Lasting power is about average for a saturated gloss, approximately 4 hours…if you're not eating. Let's be realistic; no lip color is going to last through a messy burger! ;)

I would recommend this lip color collection. Though I have so many different lippies to wear, I can't stop using these every day since I've gotten them. (I've had them for about 2 weeks now) They feel great, smell great, look great, and are a bargain compared to other, high-end cosmetic brands.

Hope you found this review helpful and thanks for reading! <3

Hugs,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment