Monday, May 2, 2011

Beauty: Revlon Scented Nail Polish in Gum Drop

So you all know I've been obsessed with bright lips lately.  Conversely, in terms of nail polish, I've been obsessed with pastels.  I have a new one that I love now, Revlon's scented nail polish in Gum Drop, a sweet shade of pale lavender.

I took this pic one week after application, notice how it's growing out?  Oops!

Sweet indeed, it smells like it's namesake when it dries.  I've been pleasantly experiencing little whiffs of candy fragrance throughout the day from my fingertips.  To tell you the truth, I was really apprehensive about purchasing this polish.  I mean, the scented feature seemed so...gimmicky.  I expected crappy quality polish infused with perfume.  Also, upon opening the bottle, I noticed that the formula was very thin and translucent, which further convinced me that this polish was gonna suck.

Well, it did require 3 coats for adequate opacity, but I've been pleasantly surprised by it's performance.  I've been wearing it for 8 days WITHOUT a topcoat, and I've yet to see a single chip.  I would put a topcoat on, but I like the gum drop scent, thus omitting it.  Looks like I never needed it anyway!  Great stuff, I'd definitely recommend it.  I hear it comes in a variety of colors and fragrances as well.  It's limited however, I heard it was a Summer 2010 release, so get yours while you can.  Mine was about $6 from CVS, but you can find it here on Amazon: Revlon Scents of Summer Nail Enamel

2 comments:

  1. So pretty and feminine! Hope Cabo was a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cabo was fab! Can't wait to go back! :)

    ReplyDelete