Friday, December 28, 2012

Holiday Haul: Part 2

Good afternoon!  So, on to day 2 of trying out my new Christmas goodies!  Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation is probably one of the items I was most excited to use.  I received a sample a few months back and loved the formula (though the colors were either too fair or deep for me).  Soooooo grateful to have received this in my perfect shade for Xmas!


I have a medium complexion with golden undertones and 5.0 was a superb match!  The formula is fluid and light...to the point where it feels absolutely weightless.  Coverage gives you the look of naturally flawless skin.  The fact that it's a liquid really helps with how my skin is reacting to the cold, dry weather.  (icky, flaky dry patches)  Of course, I'm still moisturizing beneath my foundation and, because I'm prone to an oily t-zone, I do finish with translucent, matte powder in that area.  Bottom line:  I'm so in love!

Next is my l'il Bobbi Brown Atomic Pink Lip and Eye Palette:

You might recognize my mini gloss sample of Bellini from yesterday's post.



I'm so addicted to these little all-in-one palettes!  Whereas my Uber Nude palette is for neutral, everyday, Atomic Pink is perfect for partying!  It comes with a matte white highlight shade, a shimmery oyster base shade, and a matte black shade for shadows.  You also get two lipsticks, a pinky-mauve and a fuchsia.  Finally, it also comes with a sheer, bright pink gloss.  I know that black and shocking pinks might seem a little intimidating, but with proper application, you can also achieve a very natural look with this palette, which I decided to go for:


Here I simply used the medium shade as my base, put a touch of black eyeliner on my outer corners, and lightly smoked them out with the darkest shade.  I skipped the full-rim eyeliner for a softer, more natural look.

I haven't tried either of the lipsticks yet, but I did apply the pink gloss to my bare lips.  The color looks incredibly bright in the tube, but goes on glossy and sheer.  The formula leans towards the stickier side, but, as you know, I prefer it that way because tacky glosses tend to last longer:


Here is the overall look with my new UD foundation and Bobbi Brown palette:


Thanks for reading!  Hope everyone is enjoying the start of the weekend! :)

Hugs,
Cat


No comments:

Post a Comment